Researchers from the Nanyang Institute of Technology conducted a randomized controlled trial to investigate the efficacy of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and found out that Acupuncture with herbs outperforms ibuprofen for the relief of acute lower back pain! Read more about the trial here.
This has not been a surprise to us! Many of our patient who have lower back pain have found acupuncture to be helpful.
Acupuncture can help back pain by:
- providing pain relief – by stimulating nerves located in muscles and other tissues, acupuncture leads to release of endorphins and other neuro-humoral factors and changes the processing of pain in the brain and spinal cord.
- reducing inflammation – by promoting release of vascular and immuno-modulatory factors
- improving muscle stiffness and joint mobility – by increasing local microcirculation which aids dispersal of swelling and bruising.
- reducing the use of medication for back complaints
- providing a more cost-effective treatment over a longer period of time
- improving the outcome when added to conventional treatments such as rehabilitation exercises
Are you suffering from back pain? Schedule an appointment today with one of our talented acupuncturists and feel the relief.
Do you have a health concern?
Acupuncture can help
Pain Relief | Stress Management | Digestive Disorders | Women's Health and Fertility