Ginger: the next big superfood
Ginger has been used for many centuries as food and medicine. It contains natural oils, namely gingerol, known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, making it an effective natural remedy for nausea as well as several other conditions. Here are some ways ginger can help benefit your health and some ways you can incorporate ginger into a healthy diet.
- Reduces nausea and vomiting due to morning sickness, chemotherapy treatments, sea sickness, and postoperative effects.
- Alleviates pain and inflammation, helping and managing osteoarthritis, headaches, and menstrual cramps.
- Activates digestive juices to help breakdown food and release essential nutrients.
- Warms the body and can clear nose and throat congestion.
- Relives abdominal cramps, bloating, and flatulence.
- Inhibits growth of bacteria helping to fight against infections.
Adding Ginger to Your Diet:
- Flavors well with seafood, oranges, pork, and apples – add it to your stir fry, salad, or fish recipe
- Add into smoothies or juice
- Grate ginger to steep into your tea
For more information on how Healing with Zen can help you eat healthy and improve your wellbeing, click here.