Back Pain Relief With Acupuncture + Herbs
How Does Acupuncture Relieve Back Pain?
Acupuncture can provide relief by:
- Pain relief – Stimulates nerves located in muscles and other tissues. In addition, acupuncture leads to release of endorphins. Thus, Changing the processing of pain in the brain and spinal cord.
- Reducing inflammation – Promotes the release and change of the immune system.
- Improving muscle stiffness and joint mobility – Increases local circulation therefore aids the dispersal of swelling and bruising.
- Reduces the use of medication particularly for back complaints.
- Provides a more cost-effective treatment over a longer period of time.
- Improves the outcome when added to conventional treatments such as rehabilitation exercise.
Researchers from the Nanyang Institute of Technology conducted a randomized controlled trial to investigate the efficacy of Traditional Chinese Medicine. As a matter of fact, they found out that Acupuncture with herbs outperforms ibuprofen for the relief of acute lower back pain!
All things considered, this is no surprise to us! Many of our patient who have lower back pain have found acupuncture to be helpful.
Herbs Specific to Relieving Back Pain
Known as one of the most valuable herbs for back pain. Therefore, it is traditionally used for painful lower back and stiffness. As well as weakness in the lower body due to the deficiency of the kidney.
In addition, this herb also increases blood circulation and reduces pain. It is used topically and internally. Click here to read more…
Is traditionally used to treat backache.
For instance, evidence of this herb treating backache has been proven by laboratory experiments.
These experiments showed that Du Zhong has an anti-inflammatory and diuretic effect.
In a study conducted at Chongqing Hospital, there was a pill made of Du Zhong and Bu Gu Zhi. It was administered to 40 patients with low back pain, fatigue and weakness of the extremities. In conclusion, the results were that there was improvement seen in most of the cases. Click here to read more…
Interested in learning more? Click on our Youtube videos below and subscribe to our channel
Pain Relief Using Acupunture and Herbal Remedies
Yoga Stretches for Lower back Pain
Qi Gong Movement for Lower Back Pain
Are you suffering from back pain? Schedule an appointment today with one of our talented acupuncturists and feel the relief.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CHANNEL
Do you have a health concern?
Acupuncture can help
Pain Relief | Stress Management | Digestive Disorders | Women’s Health and Fertility