Back Pain Relief With Acupuncture & Herbs
How Does Acupuncture Relieve Back Pain?
Acupuncture and customized herbs can provide relief for back pain by:
- Pain relief – It stimulates the nerves located in muscles and other tissues. In addition, acupuncture leads to the release of endorphins. Thus, changing the processing of pain in the brain and spinal cord.
- Reducing inflammation – It promotes the release and change of the immune system.
- Improving muscle stiffness and joint mobility – It increases local circulation, therefore aids in the dispersal of swelling and bruising.
- Reduces the use of medication, particularly for back complaints.
- Provides a more cost-effective treatment over a longer period of time.
- Improves the outcome when added to conventional treatments such as rehabilitation exercise.
Fun Fact About Acupuncture And Back Pain Relief:
Researchers from the Nanyang Institute of Technology conducted a randomized controlled trial to investigate the efficacy of Traditional Chinese Medicine. As a matter of fact, they found out that Acupuncture with herbs outperforms ibuprofen for the relief of acute lower back pain!
With all things considered, this is no surprise to us! Many of our patient who have lower back pain have found acupuncture to be helpful.
Herbs Specific to Relieving Back Pain
Xu Duan is known as one of the most valuable herbs for back pain. Therefore, it is traditionally used for pain in the lower back and stiffness. Not only that, it’s also used for weakness in the lower body, due to the deficiency of the kidney.
In addition, this herb also increases blood circulation and reduces pain. It is used topically and internally.
Du Zhong is traditionally used to treat backache.
For instance, evidence of this herb treating backache has been proven by laboratory experiments.
These experiments showed that Du Zhong has an anti-inflammatory and diuretic effect.
In a study conducted at Chongqing Hospital, there was a pill made of Du Zhong and Bu Gu Zhi. It was administered to 40 patients with low back pain, fatigue and weakness of the extremities. In conclusion, the results showed that there was improvement seen in most of the cases.
Interested In Learning More? Click On The YouTube Videos Below And Subscribe To Our Channel!
Ramy Saleh shares that pain relief is possible through the use of acupuncture and herbal remedies.
In this video, Andrea Valencia talks about what types of stretches reduce lower back pain. Although she shows the stretches on the floor, she notes that they can be done sitting on a chair.
Zen Tuan shows a Qi Gong movement that strengthens different parts of the body.
Are you suffering from back pain? Schedule an appointment today with one of our talented acupuncturists and feel the relief.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CHANNEL
Do you have a health concern?
Acupuncture can help
Pain Relief | Stress Management | Digestive Disorders | Women’s Health and Fertility