Case Study on Pregnancy Symptoms
Pregnancy Symptoms & Medical History
A 35 year old female came into our office with pregnancy related symptoms at 37 weeks pregnant.
- Sharp pelvic pain (difficulty walking), pain level 7 out of 10
- Neck stiffness described as dull pain, pain level 4/10
- Swollen ankles
- Anxiety about pregnancy, brain fog. Stress level – 7/10
- Heartburns throughout the day
- Energy level 4/10.
- Patient also presented with: TMJ (temporomandibular joint pain)- since high school. Pain occurs almost every night, Pain level 7/10.
- Insomnia – difficulty staying asleep
- Constipation – dry pellet-like, one bowel movement every 2-3 days.
Initial visit: 8/23/21 After insertion of needles, patient reported a sense of calmness and some relief of pain in the pelvic area and neck
8/30/21: heartburn subsided allowing her to sleep better. She is more rested in mornings. Her husband noticed her anxiety isn’t as “overbearing”, energy improved 6-7/10
9/1/21: pelvic and neck pain is minimal to none, 2-3/10. She is able to walk without pain and no longer feels constipated. Bowel movements are 1-2x day and well formed. Heartburn is under control, 2-3x day/ TMJ pain has reduced to pain level 5/10
9/8/21: pelvic and neck pain is minimal to none, 1-2/10, walking better, ankle swelling is noticeably down, bowel movement is still good, heartburn 1x day
9/10/21: no more pelvic and neck pain, ankle swelling is minimal, able to walk without pain or discomfort, stress level: 2-3/10, no problem staying asleep and well rested in morning, her husband notices she grinds her teeth less, pain: 2/10
Written by Wootaek Hong
L.Ac. Acupuncturist & Herbalist
Click on the link below to learn more about Wootaek!