Cool Cooking To Clear Heat & Cool The Body
We’ve been talking about nutrition in our Summer Cool Down series, so it’s only fitting that we include some easy cooking recipes. Today we’ll be covering sweet and savory recipes packed full of cooling ingredients to get you through summer heat. This is the last part of our Summer Cool Down Series. → Enjoy!
Cooking Recipe #1
Stir Fried Job’s Tears with Mushroom and Broccoli
- 1 tablespoon ground beef
- 1 small bowl Job’s Tears, cooked (Steamed)
- 2 or 3 black mushrooms, soaked or fresh
- 3 or 4 broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- Wash broccoli, cut into bite size and cut mushroom into small pieces
- Heat oil in a wok, add olive oil.
- add ground beef, stir fry several times.
- sprinkle seasoning A, stir fry till fragrance comes out.
- place mushroom, broccoli and Job’s tears, in the stir fry till broccoli thoroughly cooked.
Green Power Bean Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup plant milk (hemp, almond, oat, brown rice, …)
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 1 30g scoop vanilla protein powder of your choice
- 1 teaspoon greens powder of your choice
- 3 tablespoons mung beans
- ¼ avocado
- ½ small banana, chopped into rounds and frozen
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 dates, pits removed
- 3 ice cubes
- Place the milk, spinach, protein powder and greens powder into a blender and blend until fully combined.
- Add in remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
Too hot at home? Our office is cool ;-).
Book an appointment for a Summer Cool Down Acupuncture treatment at Healing with Zen.