Kids Wellness Massage
Hi everyone, it’s Zen, licensed acupuncturist, herbalist and founder of Healing with Zen, here to show you the five Tuina kids massage techniques that I use on kids for wellness. This is a Traditional Chinese Medicine massage that I do for all my pediatric patients when they come into the office for their acupuncture sessions.
This massage can help with various health ailments listed below:
- Line pressing on thumb – great for all respiratory and lung issues. (cold, flu, allergies, asthma)
- Circle inward towards the heart – calming the mind, managing stress and anxiety, calming the nervous system
- Knead ST36 – great immune system boosting and overall energy
- Circle rubbing – digestive disorders like diarrhea or constipation
- Pinching pulling on back – overall wellness and vitality. Better circulation throughout the body
The benefit of doing this kids wellness massage is that you are stimulating a lot of the acupressure meridians and points in the body and this helps with overall Wellness.
I find that kids respond well to this massage. You can perform it on newsborns, babies and kids up to 12 years old!