June is Men’s Health Month! This month, we’re sharing some essential self-care tips for naturally maintaining and improving your health as a man. Follow these simple guidelines to live a healthier, happier life.
Most men’s health issues involve qi imbalances or blockages in the Kidney system, which can show up in symptoms like fertility issues or lower back and knee pain. It is important to practice good health practices and be proactive about these symptoms to prevent more serious health issues in the future. Below are some easy ways for men to protect their body.
Eating right is one of the most important things you can do to stay healthy. You depend on food to provide your energy and will struggle without regular balanced meals. Without proper fuel from food digestion, your body will start drawing energy from the limited supplies of the Kidney system.
Follow these nutritional guidelines based on traditional Chinese medicine.
- Never skip breakfast—without the energy that food provides, your body is forced to draw upon other sources, further straining the Kidney system.
- Add foods that support your Kidney qi to your diet, such as
- Nuts and seeds
- Bone broths
One of the biggest causes of Kidney qi deficiency is our high-stress modern times. Men frequently suffer from the pressures of workplace and financial stress. Luckily, there are a number of ways to manage and reduce the toxic effects of stress.
Here are some easy tips for managing your stress levels.
- Add some qi gong practice to your daily routine. Not only does qi gong help to reduce stress, it also assists in the balancing of your qi and provides a source of exercise.
- Meditate. Even 10 minutes can significantly help with stress.
- Try acupuncture and herbs. Acupuncture is a proven and drug-free way of easing stress.
For more natural men’s health tips, check out our men’s health self-help sheet, which includes a number of acupressure points you can try at home, as well as lots of healthy living and diet suggestions.
To get personalized advice on how you can naturally improve your health and ease pain or discomfort, reserve an appointment space with one of our licensed acupuncturists. Here at Healing with Zen, we have lots of experience helping patients de-stress, reduce pain, and address health issues like digestive problems, infertility, and immune system issues.